Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo and Black Beans




I read about this recipe on http://www.suburbanbliss.net/






(Please bear with me, I'm still learning this and can't quite figure how to put a picture!

I actually took a picture but my capabilities at work are limited so I'll see if I can post it later.

Jamie and I both really liked this though it is a bit heavy and could also be because I added the rest of the cheese... oops. But I think I would make it again, it's an easy weeknight dinner and we used spicy chicken chorizo so it was slightly better for you. At least until I added too much cheese!


Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo and Black Beans
Rachael RayFrom Every Day with Rachael RayNovember-December 2005FOUR SERVINGS
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
3/4 pound chorizo
1 medium onion
One 14-ounce can black beans
2 pimiento peppers or roasted red peppers
3 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
One 14-ounce can pumpkin puree
1 cup quick-cooking or instant polenta
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
1. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the EVOO (1 turn of the pan) and the chorizo. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, then add the onion and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Add the black beans and the pimientos and heat through, another 1 to 2 minutes. 2. In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock and butter to a boil and stir in the pumpkin. Return to a boil, whisk in the polenta and stir until it masses together, 2 minutes. (Watch out for splatters.) Remove the polenta from the heat and add the thyme, salt, pepper and cheese. Adjust the seasonings. Pile the polenta on plates and top with the chorizo and beans. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve.

2 comments:

ן said...

very nice blog

my blog:

http://talkback-israel.blogspot.com/

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

Yay! A blog!