Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Peg Legged Dogs


This weekend started out great, Jamie and I went to see the new James Bond movie which was excellent. Saturday we made steaks and watched Iron Man (excellent) and Don't mess with the Zohan (hilarious if you have a 12 year olds humor which apparently we do!).


All good things ended on Sunday. I had gone to bed since we were up late at J's fathers house for dinner. About 12:00 Jamie came in yelling at me to wake up. Hera was on our bed licking blood on her leg which actually was about a six inch gash. I through clothes on and we raced to the emergency vet which is luckily not far from us. You can see what the poor thing looks like. She walks like a drunken sailor not quite knowing what to do with herself. We searched the yard and we can't figure out what happened. It was a clean gash but we can't find evidence anywhere. Unfortunatly our house is covered in blood. Our sheets, bedspread, carpet. It's quite awesome.
Thankfully she seems fine and should recover just fine but we'll know more tomorrow when we take her back to the vet to have the dressings looked at...


3 comments:

Annemarie said...

We loved the Bond movie too!

Hope your dog does fine, something similar happened to my dog, a long time ago, she stepped on a piece of glass. She had to wear her little cast for a while, but she was just fine after.

Jamie Lovely said...

Aw poor pup. I hope she is doing better!

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

Oh no! That is so scary. I am such a baby when it comes to something being wrong with my pets. I hope everything turns out okay!