Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend

My school was closed on Friday due to the Phillies parade down Broad Street. I briefly thought about going but Jamie was working and I wasn't going down there by myself. At any rate, when I left to take Sasha for a walk my neighborhood was packed with Phillies fans parking to go to the train station. Since we live so close to the station and the hordes of people going to the parade there was obviously an influx in parking. Apparently, the trains were so packed from Downingtown and Thorndale that they didn't even stop at the stations further down the line. Way to go Septa!

So, I took Sasha for a 3 1/2 mile walk at the Valley Forge State Park and it was a great day for that. I then cleaned, did laundry and went shopping. I was looking for a dress for a wedding but I didn't find anything cheap enough! I did, though, get a nice pair of cords from Old Navy. I then got my hair done and had a great time chatting with my hairstylist whose fiancee is Jamie's business partner. Jamie and I then made a quick dinner and some cocktails and sat on the front porch waiting for trick or treaters. Although the turn out was sparse we did enjoy talking to some neighbors.

Saturday my mom and her husband came to town and we went shopping for the wedding again. I found a cool velvet top that I think will work with a skirt I have. Mom also bought me a few other shirts which was nice.

Sunday Jamie and I got up early because of the time change and went for breakfast. We actually ended up splitting a chicken cheese steak and fries. Good food at 9 in the morning! We then went grocery shopping and stopped at Simon Pearce for a wedding present. Unfortunatly, that place is way out of our league. It's a shame because their stuff is so nice. Oh well, back to the drawing boards!
Jamie then changed the oil in our vehicles and I put away our summer clothes and then we watched football. Good times people, good time!

No comments: