Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Relationships

Stephanie from http://hotfromthefurnace.blogspot.com/ posted a question about putting your significant other first and whether it's a girl thing or because she's been in a relationship for so long.

I've been with Jamie for nearly twelve years and I would have to say I put him first at all times. If anyone asks what we are up to I talk about his business or the projects he is working on at the house. Because, to me, my part of the life isn't interesting. I go to work, I hate my job and no one wants to hear about how much you hate work. So, I talk about Jamie. To me, that is far more fascinating.

Leading on to a tangent, I'm disappointed of where I am in life right now. This new year I want a better paying job with more responsiblity and I want to try to have a baby. But, I need the new job first since we barely get by on what I'm making and the economy is killing Jamie's business. I wish I had finished getting my certification to teach art, I wish I had gone to grad school to get my MFA. I wish I were working in the art field but I'm too far gone in education, I think, to ever change that. So, I think that leads back to the original question, that I'm not proud of myself. I turn 33 at the end of the month and it's time for some serious changes. I've been working slowly at working out every day, I only have a glass or two of wine on the weekends instead of with dinner. I have salads and soup for lunch and eat lots of veggies and fruit throughout the day. I've noticed in the past two weeks my clothes are finally getting looser.

So, the next hurdle in somehow figuring out where my life is leading. I applied for an art job at SU and I also applied for an alumni position with my alma mater. One job requires us to move. One does not.

I think the next two months are going to bring big changes one way or another.

1 comment:

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

This is it exactly. I could have written this same post. I hope you do get to move soon and I hope that a better job opens up soon! For both of us!

HUGS!